Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Baked French Toast - Like no other!

I made this for a very good friend of mines baby shower a couple weeks ago and everyone wanted the recipe. I myself was very impressed with this dish as well as I have never made it before. I don't know why I do this to myself but I always seem to "experiment" when I need to cook for a group, lucky me so far every time I have done this it has turned out really well because I never have a back up plan!! I got this recipe from one of my best friends who got it from her Sister-in-law Jillian Tomco.

So here it is:Step 1:

Bottom of a 9 x 13 pan
1 1/2 C Brown Sugar (I used dark but light would be just fine)
6 T Maple Syrup
1 1/2 sticks of butter melted

Step 2: Cream Cheese Sandwiches
Get 12 slices of white sandwhich bread (brioche bread would also be delicious)
1 8 oz package of Cream Cheese, at room temp spread each slice of bread with cream cheese
Top one slice with a nice Cinnamon and white sugar mixture
Slap one of those other cream cheesed bread slices on top and make a sandwhich
Cut each sandwich on the diagnal.

Step 3: Smash the sandwiches into the 9 x 13 pan (don't worry they will all fit you literally have to cram them in the pan)

Step 4: Topping
In a bowl mix
5 eggs
1 3/4 c milk
1/2 t vanilla
Once that is all mixed pour over the top of the sandwhiches. Cover & refridgerate over night.The next morning pop it into a 350 degree oven and bake for 40 minutes.

Serve with fresh berries and whip cream.This is perfect for a special occasion. If, and I mean "If" there are left overs they hold beautifully in the fridge for a few days. Just reheat in the microwave and top with whatever, to enjoy this awesomeness again.

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me? Do you want to come over for a special occasion and help me eat this?

    I'm dying over here.

    ReplyDelete