Friday, February 27, 2009

Pork Tenderloin, Cous Cous, Roast Butternut Squash

Since the spring is right around the corner (YEAH!) I wanted to take advantage of the Butternut Squash before it goes out of season.

Pork Tenderloin 

Wegman's (my rocking awesome grocery store) has a pre-marinated lemon garlic pork tenderloin. That I grilled on the BBQ. Yes, I do grill year round. It takes about 4 minutes on each side. Let rest at least 10 minutes before cutting into it. This will allow the juices to redistribute. If you can not find a pre marinated tenderloin this is what I would do.

1/4 c Olive Oil
2 T Dijon Mustard
2 T Lemon Juice
3 cloves are crushed garlic

Mix all together. Rub on Pork and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. 

If you don't have a grill. Sear the pork real quick on the stove top then pop it in a 350 degree oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.

Tip: Pull the pork out of the fridge and set on the counter at least 15 minutes before you grill it or cook it in your oven.

Roasted Butternut Squash

I am lazy so I buy the squash already peeled and cut up. Sometimes I do have to cut the pieces a little smaller so they are mostly the same size.

In a bowl toss with 

olive oil 
1/2 t of All Spice 
1/4 t of Nutmeg 
Salt & Pepper to taste 

If the squash seems dry add more olive oil to make sure all is coated nicely. Spread flat on a cookie sheet and pop in a 350 degree oven for about 30 to 40 minutes. To know that it is done test it with a fork - if the fork goes in and out smoothly the squash is done.

Near East makes are Garlic & Pine Nut Cous Cous and it makes up in 5 minutes - just follow the directions on the box.


1 comment:

  1. i'm giddy with this recipe. GIDDY! did you know i posted a link to your blog on my blog? not that i have HUGE followers but you should find a counter so you can see where everyone is coming from on here. since you seem to have a lot of lurkers since i've had atleast five of my friends tell me they check out this blog now. lurkers.

    ReplyDelete